04 Nights / 05 Days
Please Note: – We have mentioned few places which you may pick and choose. As per your liking we will take you these places depending upon the time available.
Day 01: Ahmedabad Arrival
Morning on arrival at Ahmedabad Airport our representative will receive you and will drive towards Hotel. Check in to the hotel.
Rest till Lunch. After Lunch we will visit the following places:
- Kochrab Ashram: In 1818, the British East India Company entered the scene and took over the city from the Marathas. However, the Indian Independence movement laid deep foundations in the city in 1915 when Mahatma Gandhi set up the Kochrab Ashram near Paldi.
- Gujarat Vidyapith was founded by Mahatma Gandhi on 18th October, 1920. Gujarat Vidyapith is a deemed university since 1963. Gujarat Vidyapith is funded by the U. G. C. (University Grants Commission) for higher education programs. It was started as Rashtriya Vidyapith (National Institute of University Education) and was the wake of the Non-cooperative Movement. Mahatma Gandhi remained its life-long Kulpati (Chancellor). The Institute imparts higher education with an integrated system of education teaching from the Nursery to the Doctorate level. The main objective is to prepare workers of character, ability, culture and dedication for the conduct of movements connected with the regeneration of country in accordance with the ideals given by Mahatma Gandhi. The guiding principles on which the integrated system of education, from Nursery & Basic Schools to Higher Secondary and from Bachelors to Master, M. Phil. & Doctorate level degree in various disciplines, is evolved include:-
- Adherence to truth and non-violence
- Participation in productive work with a sense of dignity of labour
- Acceptance of equality of religions
- Priority for the need of villages dwellers in all curricula and
- Use of mother-tongue as a medium of instructions.
Overnight stay at Ahmedabad
Day 02: Ahmedabad – Nadiad – Anand – Bharuch
After breakfast we will visit Sabarmati Ashram:
- Sabarmati/Gandhi Ashram: The ashram was the residence of Mahatma Gandhi in the 1920s till the Salt March to Dandi in 1930. A memorial to the Mahatma, the ashram complex has his cottage-house with his simple belongings. The museum and galleries depict tales of Mahatma Gandhi’s life. The ashram still supports activities like handloom weaving and handmade paper-making in keeping with Mahatma Gandhi’s principles of self-reliance. It is here that Mahatma Gandhi developed his ideas and ideals that played a pivotal role in the freedom movement in India.
After Lunch we will leave for Dandi Heritage Route.
It shot into worldwide prominence in 1930 when Mahatma Gandhi selected it to be the destination for the Salt March. He marched from Sabarmati (Ahmedabad) to Dandi with some of his followers to protest against the imposition of a tax on salt. Thousands of people participated, travelling on foot for 24 days from Ahmedabad to Dandi.
The Government of India initiated plans to develop the Sabarmati-Dandi stretch as a tourist hub. The government also proposed building a memorial to commemorate the Salt March of the Indian Independence Movement.
Enroute we will stop at Nadiad and Anand where Gandhiji continued walking.
Overnight stay at Bharuch
Day 03: Bharuch – Dandi – Surat
After breakfast we will drive straight towards Dandi Village (4 hrs. drive).
On reaching at Dandi we will visit The National Salt Satyagraha Memorial
- The ‘National Salt Satyagraha Memorial’, Dandi, Gujarat, India is conceived as an experiential journey recreating the spirit and the energy of the 1930 Dandi March led by Mahatma Gandhi, and taking the visitors to the Monument step-by-step in order to visualise and understand the history of the iconic Dandi March and the methodology of Satyagraha, which finally led to India’s Independence from the British colonial rule
Afterwards we will drive straight towards Surat (2 hrs. drive).
Overnight stay at Surat
Day 04: Surat – Bardoli – Ahmedabad
After breakfast we will drive straight towards Bardoli (2 hrs. drive). On reaching at Bardoli we will visit the following places:
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Museum is a unique collection of historical accessories and evidences associated with Sardar Patel and his life. It is established to organize things that belong to or somehow relate to Sardar Patel. The Museum is beautifully constructed in the heart of a city praising the leadership of Iron Man of India.
- Swaraj Ashram: Gandhiji had launched a farmers Satyagraha in 1921-22 under the leadership of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. This place was chosen by Gandhiji for his experiment in a mass civil disobedience movement. Swaraj Ashram, Bardoli has become a place of pilgrimage in india. It was after the success of the Bardoli Satyagraha that Vallabhbhai Patel received the title of Sardar from Mahatma Gandhi.
After Lunch we will drive straight towards Ahmedabad (290 km – 5 hrs. 30 mts drive).
Overnight stay at Ahmedabad
Day 05: Ahmedabad
After breakfast we will visit the following places:
- M J Library – Inaugurated by Gandhi in 1933, this is it one of the largest public libraries in India. Gandhi donated 10,000 books to this library from his ashram collection before setting out on the Dandi march
Afterwards we will drive towards Gandhinagar (55 km – 1 hr. 30 mts drive).
On reaching at Gandhinagar we will visit the Dandi Kutir.
Dandi Kutir: Dandi Kutir – The experiential museum of Gandhiji at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar, Gujarat’s capital city. Looking like a big mound of salt from the exterior, visitors can step in to find an even more dramatic biographical narrative on the life of Gandhi Showcased through technologies such as 3D mapping, holography, 360’ projections and transparent LED screen. In the magical use of technology in four sprawling stories of the museum you can experience a never before proximity to the life and times of Gandhiji. It is a nearest thing to living with the Mahatma.
Afterwards by evening we will drop you at Ahmedabad Airport to board a flight for your hometown.